First Fire-Up

Most fireplaces require a ‘fire-up’ or ‘burn-in’ phase. During this initial burn the glues and paints will cure in the fireplace. Each fireplace is different,  so please review your manual for specific steps.

During the first fire-up, you will notice a foul odour  which may set off smoke detectors – don’t panic, this is normal. Allow the fireplace to be run on ‘high’ for anywhere from 1-2 hours, and the burn-in should be complete. Sometimes it could take a bit longer than the average window.

We recommend that you pick a mild day when you can open all of your windows and help with air circulation, and heat control.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *